What You Need to Know About Prosthodontics
Prosthodontics is the science and art of restoring and maintaining oral health by applying restorative dentistry techniques to replace missing teeth and correct irregularity of form, position, and alignment. prosthodontist in Huntington Beach, CA, is trained to diagnose problems, select treatment options that will meet patient needs, plan and supervise treatment to achieve optimal results, and develop long-term strategies for patient management.
What are the benefits of prosthodontics?
- Improve oral health: If you have periodontal disease or gum disease, you may want to consider prosthodontic treatment as part of your overall plan to improve your oral health. This procedure can help reduce the risk of tooth loss and improve your ability to eat and drink comfortably.
- Create a new smile: If you have lost confidence in certain areas of your smile due to missing teeth or gaps, prosthodontic procedures can help you create a new look that will boost your self-esteem at work and in social situations.
- Reduce the need for braces: Braces are a common treatment for crooked or misaligned teeth. The braces hold your teeth in place and straighten them, but they can be painful, expensive, and time-consuming. The effect of braces can last anywhere from a few months to several years, depending on your case. After you finish wearing your braces, you will still need to wear retainer devices or retainers for the rest of your life to keep your teeth where they need to be. Prosthodontics is an alternative to traditional braces that uses advanced technology and materials to straighten challenging cases without using metal brackets or wires.
- Increase comfort: Prosthodontic appliances are made from high-quality plastic materials that provide greater comfort than metal brackets because they are softer and more flexible than metal brackets or wires. These materials also allow for greater flexibility when it comes to how much space the appliance allows around each tooth. Because these appliances can be placed in different ways around each tooth, prosthodontics may offer a more comfortable treatment option than traditional metal brackets or wire-based retainers
- Save money on dental care: You can save money on dental care by having prosthodontics done instead of braces or other options like dentures or partials. This is because you don’t have to pay for expensive orthodontic treatments like braces or retainers after the work has been done on your teeth and gums are healed.
- Reduce sensitivity: Prosthodontics helps reduce sensitivity in the nerves inside your mouth, which makes eating food much easier and less painful than it was previously. That is because there is less pressure on the nerve endings inside your mouth when you bite down or chew on something hard enough.
Prosthodontics can increase your confidence in your appearance, improve your chewing ability, and improve your speech. The goal of prosthodontics is to preserve as much natural tooth structure as possible so that you can keep your natural teeth for as long as possible. In some cases, prosthodontics may be an option for people who are missing their front teeth or have difficult-to-manage bite problems. Contact Orange Coast Dental Specialty professionals if you are struggling with dental issues.