UPPSC Syllabus is formulated by the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) for PCS exam that is held in the state annually. For UPPSC PCS exam, lakhs of candidates apply. Hence, in order to crack the exam it is essential for aspirants to know the UPPSC syllabus.
To give you a brief idea of it, the syllabus is divided into Prelims, Mains and Interview. Thus, the candidates who are planning to take the exam and become PCS officers in the state should know the importance of syllabus along with the paper pattern that has been provided below.
Importance of UPPSC Syllabus
UPPSC syllabus is important for both Prelims and Mains exams. It is a clear fact that a number of topics are common to both Prelims and Mains exam. However, the major difference between Pre and Mains is that the former is objective in nature while the latter is descriptive.Know more here wpit18
- As the UPPSC syllabus is vast, therefore, it is important that you are aware of the syllabus for each stage in advance so that you do not run out of time. You have enough time to allot for both Prelims and Mains exam.
- Having known the UPPSC syllabus lets you know of the important subjects, topics and sub-topics that are asked in the UPPSC exam.
- It gives you knowledge about the difficulty level of the topics so that you can devote your time accordingly.
- It further prepares you to divide your time for both Prelims and Mains examination of UPPSC. You can utilise your time for answer writing practice for the topics that are common to both Pre and Mains.
- It is further beneficial for you to choose an optional subject for the Mains exam based on your knowledge of that subject.
- In addition to this, analyzing the UPPSC PCS previous year question papers helps one to put the syllabus into better perspective for preparation and enhancement.
UPPSC Exam Pattern – Prelims, Mains & Interview Paper Pattern
As you know that the UPPSC exam pattern is segregated into Prelims and Mains exam, therefore, to understand the paper pattern, you can check out the following table. The following table gives you the subject list as well as marks associated with it.
|UPPSC Exam Pattern for Prelims, Mains & Interview|
|UPPSC Prelims Exam||Paper 1: General Studies 1||200 marks with 150 Questions|
|Paper 2: General Studies 2(CSAT)||200 marks with 100 Questions|
|UPPSC Mains Exam||General Hindi||150 marks|
|General Studies 1||200 marks|
|General Studies 2||200 marks|
|General Studies 3||200 marks|
|General Studies 4||200 marks|
|Optional Subject – Paper 1||200 marks|
|Optional Subject – Paper 2||200 marks|
|UPPSC Interview||Personality Test/Interview||100 marks|
Tips to Prepare UPPSC Exam Through Syllabus
The very fact that UPPSC is one of the most prestigious exams with a great salary package, perks and benefits and a lucrative job opportunity makes it one of the most attempted PCS exams in the country. However, to prepare for the exam through UPPSC syllabus, you must follow the given set of instructions.
- Set your goals and targets straight forward to begin your exam preparation.
- Make a good sturdy plan that will help you cover the syllabus well in time so that you have enough time to take mock tests.
- Do go through the NCERT books from class 6 to 12 so that you have a basic understanding of the topics that will be covered through UPPSC syllabus.
- Apart from knowing the syllabus, it is also important to have a good understanding and knowledge of the latest current events that are happening around India and the World.
- Lastly, make sure that you take enough mock tests as it helps you practice and revise the syllabus in the best possible way.
Thus, before you begin to prepare for the UPPSC PCS exam, it is highly important that you go through its syllabus for each stage, i.e. Prelims and Mains exam.